Les Dames Chicago Quiz
1. Who was the founder of the Chicago chapter in 1982?
a. Auguste Escoffier
b. Carol Brock
c. Elaine Sherman
2. How many charter members were inducted?
3. The annual summer picnic has been a tradition since the beginning of the chapter. Who held the first one in her back yard?
a. Nancy Goldberg
b. Doris Banchet
c. Carolyn Buster
4. In what year was Les Dames d’Escoffier International formed?
5. The first chapter Food & Wine Auction took place at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago in:
6. Which Grande Dame was honorary chair of the 1990 Food & Wine auction?
a. Natalie Dupree
b. Alice Waters
c. Julia Child
7. A Latin-inspired fundraiser in 2000 was held at:
a. National 27
b. Bombon Cafe
c. Frontera Grill
8. The chapter’s 20th anniversary was celebrated with a gala auction of food and wine items, including:
9. Elaine Sherman received the chapter’s first Dame of Disinction Award in 2001. Who received the second award?
a. Doris Banchet
b. Lucille Lampman
c. Marian Tripp
10. In 2004, the chapter planned and hosted LDEI’s annual conference at:
a. The Ritz-Carlton
b. The Knickerbocker
11. How many of our members have gone on to become president of LDEI?
12. The chapter’s 25th Anniversary Celebration in 2007 included:
a. publication of a cookbook
b. a live auction at the Ritz
c. a dinner dance at the Cultural Center
13. The first chapter Global Adventure in 2011 was a tour of:
a. Harlem Avenue
b. Argyle Street
14. Since 1982, Les Dames Chicago has raised scholarship and community grant funds totaling: