We asked Dame Carol Smoler if she would share this cake recipe served at the Networking Dinner which she hosted.
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sliced apples, peeled and cored (I use 2 large Granny Smith)
1 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour Bundt pan.
2. Beat eggs and sugar together for at least 2 minutes. With mixer running, add oil in slow stream.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture.
Add vanilla; fold in apples and nuts.
4. Pour batter into Bundt pan.
5. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.