Les Dames d’Escoffier Celebrates the Women Powering “She-cago’s” Food Scene
The Chicago chapter of the international philanthropic organization of women leaders in the food, beverage and hospitality industries is hosting an unforgettable evening to celebrate the women who have shaped – and are shaping – what and how Chicago eats and drinks.
- Feast on hors d’oeuvres inspired by legendary women of Chicago’s food world including Carol Haddix, Carole Segal, Sofia Solomon, Priscilla Cretier, Nancy Harris, Nancy Brussat and Toria Emas. A seated three-course dinner followxs, featuring dishes from Carrie Nahabedian’s NAHA and Brindille and Suzanne Florek of Salty Fig and others.
- Saber with a Somm! Guests can bid on a personal experience with an expert to swiftly slice the neck off a bottle of Champagne, which they can then share with table-mates. A grand tower of Champagne glasses will provide a dramatic touch!
- Sip an exclusive cocktail created by Violet Hour’s Eden Laurin
- Dessert Dash! Bid with table mates on luscious desserts from the city’s most talented female pastry chefs. Highest bidders in each round will literally dash to pick out the most magnificent dessert before someone else does!
- The band “Generations” will bring everyone to their feet with hits from all the best eras.
Where: Venue West, 221 N. Paulina Ave.
When: Monday, April 30, 2018; 5:30 p.m.
Tickets: $175 per person or $2500 for a table of 10 and reserve wine pairings on Brown Paper Tickets
Culinarium 2018 raises funds for Les Dames d’Escoffier community outreach and educational programs and scholarships that inspire emerging leaders and enrich Chicago’s culinary scene. Since its inception in 1982, the Chicago chapter of LDE has given almost $1 million to scholarship recipients and food-focused community programs throughout Chicagoland.