The Chicago chapter’s member base includes leading women in the culinary, foodservice and beverage industries. Our membership consists of top chefs, restaurant and food retail owners, bakers and pastry artists, food artisans, wine professionals, brewmasters, food writers, recipe developers, cookbook authors, publicists, marketers, advocates, food and beverage educators and more.
Membership Criteria – All women proposed for membership:
- Are individuals of professional stature in the food, beverage and hospitality industries and have been actively employed in those industries for at least five years.
- Have made contributions through volunteer activities in the community.
- Are dedicated to furthering the role of women in the culinary professions.
- Exhibit ethical practices in their work and will not use the organization for personal profit or gain.
- Have attended one or more Chicago Chapter-sponsored events prior to nomination for membership, within the last year.
- Will fulfill the expectations of membership, make a positive contribution to Les Dames d’Escoffier, agree to devote energy and time to the programs, work harmoniously with others, and actively support Les Dames d’Escoffier fundraising activities.
Members in good standing for a minimum of two full years may sponsor two (2) candidates, one as the primary sponsor and one as secondary sponsor. Each candidate for membership should attend at least one or more Chicago Chapter sponsored events during the 2016-2017 calendar year prior to nomination for membership and meet the membership criteria.
Please read important letter from the Membership Chair first.
Click here for the membership nomination form
Click here for the membership sponsor form.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Current Officers and Board of Directors:
President: Elizabeth Donovan
President-Elect: Portia Belloc-Lowndes
Treasurer: Unah Choi
Secretary: Jill Haas
Past President: Veronica Hastings
Board of Directors:
Liz Barrett – PR/Marketing Chair
Pat Cobe – Scholarship Chair
Joan Driggs – Co-Chair, Scholarships
Kim Hack – Co-Chair, PR/Marketing
Anne Kauffmann – New Member Liaison
Phaedra Ruffalo -Mentorship Chair
Diane Sokolofski – Green Tables Chair
Gina Voci – Co-Chair, Events
Carla Williams – Events Chair