The Chicago chapter’s members includes leading women in the culinary, foodservice and beverage and hospitality industries. Our membership consists of top chefs, restaurateurs and food retailers, bakers and pastry artists, food artisans, wine professionals, brewmasters, food writers, recipe developers, cookbook authors, publicists, marketers, advocates, food and beverage educators and more.
All women proposed for membership:
- Are individuals of professional stature in the food, beverage and hospitality industries and have been actively employed in those industries for at least five years.
- Have made contributions through volunteer activities in the community.
- Are dedicated to furthering the role of women in the culinary professions.
- Exhibit ethical practices in their work and will not use the organization for personal profit or gain.
- Have attended one or more Chicago Chapter-sponsored events prior to nomination for membership, within the last year.
- Will fulfill the expectations of membership, make a positive contribution to Les Dames d’Escoffier, agree to devote energy and time to the programs, work harmoniously with others, and actively support Les Dames d’Escoffier fundraising activities.
Members in good standing for a minimum of two full years may sponsor two (2) candidates, one as the primary sponsor and one as secondary sponsor. Each candidate for membership must attend at least one Chicago Chapter-sponsored events during the 2019-2020 calendar year and up until April 10, 2020, prior to nomination for membership, and meet the membership criteria. The deadline for submission of all forms is April 10.
Please download and read this important letter about 2020 new-member nominations from Membership Chair Stacey Ballis Membership letter 2020
Download the new-member application form for candidates to fill out: LDE-Chicago-New-Member Candidate-app-2020
Download the new-member sponsorship form for sponsors to fill out: New-Member-Sponsorship-form-2020-2
For more information, email email@example.com.
2019-2020 Officers and Board of Directors:
President: Portia Belloc-Lowndes
President-Elect: Stacey Ballis
Treasurer: Unah Choi
Secretary: Jill Haas
Past President: Elizabeth Donovan
Board of Directors:
Liz Barrett – Communications Chair
Joan Driggs – Scholarship Chair
Mary Kay Gill – Green Tables Committee
Mary Abbott Hess – Parliamentarian
Diane Sokolofski – Green Tables Chair
Gina Voci – Programming & Events Chair