Contributed by Mixologist Ryan Stetins of Charlie Trotter’s
Makes 5 cocktails
For the cocktail
5 ounces Silver Needle Jasmine Tea (Heavy)
1 1/2 ounces Limoncello
1 1/2 ounces Galliano
2 ounces Lemon Simple Syrup
1 1/2 ounces gin
1/4 ounce Crème de Peache
1/4 ounce Jasmine/Lavender Liquor
1 bottle sparkling wine
For the garnish
Peel of one lemon
Pinch or Silver Needle Jasmine Tea
Pinch of Chamomile Tea
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of hot water
1. To make jasmine/lavender liquor marinate lavender petals and jasmine in gin or vodka for two days.
2. One day ahead, make the garnish by removing rind of lemon with a channel knife or peeler. Juice the lemon and save the juice for the lemon simple syrup required in the cocktail (see 4 below).
3. Coat rind thoroughly with both teas.
4. In a bowl add lemon rinds, the juice from the lemon, sugar and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Put in plastic bag for one day.
Make the cocktail
1. Steep tea once in hot water. Then let cool and add fresh tea, let steep for 30 minutes.
2. Mix all ingredients except the sparkling wine.
3. Add 2 ounces of jasmine/lavender liquor to the bottom of each champagne flute and top with sparkling wine. Add lemon twist to garnish.