Our selected book was The Secret History of Food by Matt Siegel.
Dame Judith Hines hosted the review of The Secret History of Food, the 42nd book in the collection of Dames Who Read. There were ten Dames in attendance, via Zoom.
Judith added a twist to the round table review with the addition of a trivia quiz based on a selection of topics highlighted in the book:
Fun Facts…did you know?
- In 1608 the early colonists attempted to catch fish with a frying pan.
- Herbert Hoover declared ice cream was an “essential foodstuff” during World War 1.
- There are 50 types of Oreos!
- Johnny Appleseed helped spread apple-growing around the country. His real name is Johnathan Chapman.
- Rocky Road ice cream was popularized in 1929 by two ice cream makers, Dryer and Edy.
Carla Williams was the recipient of a gift card from Heinen’s Grocery Store for correctly answering the most trivia questions.
A good time was had by all.